Thursday 28 August 2014

Favourite Drugstore Primers


Primers, the wonderful little base that helps your make up apply much smoother as well as helping it last that extra bit longer. I love them. And it's hard not to when their are so many to choose from these days, most brands have their own and each one does something different. Today I'm going to be talking about a few of my favourites on the high street.

Firstly and probably my ultimate favourite is the Loreal Lumi Magique Primer, this is a lightweight primer designed to give your skin a subtle glow and lift underneath your foundation. It has a hint of gold shimmer to it which looks beautiful in the sunlight and really makes your skin look glowy and super healthy.

Secondly is the Maybelline Baby Skin, for me this is the controversial one, you either love it or you hate it. I personally quite like it, it's silicone based so I'd recommend only using a small amount and only in your t-zone. This primer does a great job at holding your make up on, however things can get a little slippy in the heat and a patient hand will be required to apply your foundation over this one. As for making your skin look poreless, I can't really say I agree, but as far as drugstore primers go, it's worth a try.

Lastly the Revlon Photoready Primer, another lightweight product with nice packaging, claims to make you look 'photoready'. One thing I did notice about this product is that it dries up fairly quickly and the pump makes it difficult to get out a lot of the product. As for keeping your make up in place it worked, not for a huge amount of time but it did the job. I didn't notice any differences in how my skin looked after applying this, but it's a nice, light base for your make up.

So that's that, what's your favourite primer?

2 comments:

  1. I have a sample of the maybelline primer but never tried a drugstore primer before great post!

    http://indiemaria28.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try that loreal primer it looks gorgeous and I'm all about dewy glowing skin x

    www.chantellehudson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete