Monday 9 December 2013

Fat Hair "0" Calories | Review

Recently in Superdrug as I was browsing the hair aisle for a new Shampoo, I spotted these. Samy Fat Hair "0" Calories. I've seen them before a few times as the packaging is very vibrant and eye catching and they kinda look like the stuff they use in hair salons, but I'd never tried them.
So of course, when I was running low on Shampoo and spotted these at half price I decided to pick them up, I got the Amplifying Shampoo and the Thickening Conditioner.

My hair is quite thin and damaged, it's not too thin but it could be thicker. I've never used any type of product that thickens my hair other than Lush's Big Shampoo, which I loved. 
The shampoo doesn't have much scent to it, it's kind of like a standard soapy scent, and I found you have to use quite a bit to get a good lather up, the conditioner is kind of like a gel like consistency and smells a little like hair dye. (Not the best of scents). I used slightly more conditioner than normal because the thickness of the product didn't work through my hair as well as usual.

The Verdict...

In terms of doing what it says, I didn't notice too much difference in my hair, I've used these a few times now and my hair doesn't feel or look much different. The scent isn't great and I feel like I need to use more than necessary which is quite annoying. If you can get these on offer you can try it as my hair can be quite stubborn when it comes to new shampoos and conditioners, but I wouldn't recommend paying the full £6(ish) a bottle. There's better out there.

So in general I wasn't impressed, let me know if you have tried any of the Fat Hair line and what your thought are?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviewing this product

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up the Hairspray I hope its a good one :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post these certainly do catch my eye :P Thanks for reviewing them xoxo

    gemstrends.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete