Wednesday 24 September 2014

Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan

Fun fact about me is that I never experiment with tanning.
No sunbeds, no fake tanning, nothing.
I don't really know why, I suppose I just love the satisfaction of gaining a real tan and get put off by fake tan looking 'fake'.

However, this summer I really haven't had time to be in the sun and alas, it is September and I look like Casper the Friendly Ghost.

I wanted to experiment with a fake tanning product, firstly I wanted something cheap, to ease myself in, see if I liked the results before splurging. Secondly, I wanted something that I could easily wash off... I work full time, if it went wrong that could have been a bad experience.

Therefore, I opted for the Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan.
It was around £5 for a tube and ticked all of the boxes.


The first thing that I liked was that it didn't smell like fake tan. A huge bonus point.
Secondly, it applied evenly and didn't set straight away, giving me time to work with it.
The results were nice, subtle but you could still tell that I was darker, without looking like a satsuma or somebody who overused the sunbed.

The cons; don't use this if it's raining. It does come off fairly easy with water, which means washing your hands can be quite an issue also.

Overall I actually quite like this. I've used it a few times and may even start to branch out into trying more self tanning products, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment