Saturday 17 January 2015

Fitness Update | January


Oh January, here you are again, reminding us all of how another year has gone by and the fitness and health resolutions have to make another appearance. 
We all make them, and the majority of us will not stick to them.
I wanted to write a post today to tell you a few changes I've made lately and a few of my fitness goals for 2015. 

Exercise |
I try to do things that I enjoy when it comes to exercise, I've always been a fan of jogging and lately have been trying to do it as much as I can, even if I don't fancy going outside, I will put my Nike App on and jog on the spot. As long as I'm keeping my body moving I feel like it's better than nothing. It terms of jogging, I plan on doing at least 10 miles a month for the year, perfectly achievable. 
If I am at home I'm also trying to do fitness DVD's for half an hour of the day, just to keep myself moving.
This year I'm also trying to mix it up with classes, I want to maybe start playing badminton on a regular basis with my sister and maybe start doing boxing (I hear that's what the VS Models do!). I really want to keep as active as possible this year and make time for it, so hopefully by the summer I'm comfortable enough to get into a bikini!

Diet |
For me, diet is the hardest part. I love chocolate, crisps, cheesecake and wine far too much! As well as everything else bad for you, and I eat way too much of it on a daily basis.
I would never start a strict 'diet' just because I know I would never stick to it, but this year I definitely would like to try to cut down on the really bad snacks, and try to incorporate more fruit and vegetables into my diet. Also lately I am loving green tea more than ever, it has so many health benefits and I love trying all of the different flavors.
I'm good when it comes to water as I drink a hell of a lot of it, so mainly just need to work on portion control and cutting out a lot of sugar from my diet and we'll see how it goes from there.

I'm going to try to post these fitness updates monthly to share any progress and updates. I think it's a great way to track where I'm at.
I've always loved reading fitness blogs too, so if any of you are reading any at the moment feel free to tell me about them.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment